Thursday, October 25, 2012

Rosemary Pork with Ginger

This pork recipe is easy!
What a great combination. Rosemary and Pork...oh and the third party, Ginger. I used pork loin, which is almost always tender. It is a cut made from the top part of the rib cage. I actually bought a roast and sliced it into chops. It's cheaper this way, and I control the thickness of the cut.
These are the ingredients I used. I didn't measure anything. Yes I am one of those people. Sorry, but I will walk you through what I basically did. I added salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. Don't judge me for using garlic powder, I was out of fresh garlic :( . So moving on.....a few sprigs of rosemary, finely chopped and fresh ginger, that I grated. Add soy sauce and a little water for the pork to cook in and sprinkle sugar over the dish before popping it in the oven. I baked it at 400 F for about 30 minutes. The sugar adds a savory, slight sweetness, which is always great with pork. I love the fresh ginger. My kitchen smelled so great while this was cooking.
Have enough of the sauce (soy, water, ginger, rosemary, garlic, salt, sugar and onion powder) to where it's not quite covering the top of the pork. Cover with foil. Now I know I didn't tell you how much of each ingredient to use, but use your own taste buds to tell you. You've used them all before....you know what you like.
Rosemary potatoes for a side. Simply cut potatoes and red onions and rosemary. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper add garlic. Mix it well so that the oil and seasonings have covered the potatoes.  I threw these in the oven uncovered, along with the pork . They cook in the same amount of time. How great is that?!
Voila! Add some green beans( the one green veggie ALL my family will eat) with this meal to finish it off. Easy and fast. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment