Thursday, October 25, 2012

Mr.Owl

I wanted to create an owl all from nature. The best part about this project is it's FREE! Not to mention cute!
I had such a great response over this little guy, that i decided to put him in my blog and share him with you!
I started with a log. Cut it down til it's about 5-6 inches. He's going to be a chunky owl.
I used a jig saw to cut an angle in the front to give a "little owl" shape to his face.
Can you see him starting to come alive?
I used pine cones for his feathered chest. Just pull the layers off of the pine cone and start to hot glue from the bottom to the top. I used two different acorn "caps" for the eyes (I went back and added paint to the inner acorn, so his eyes would show up better). The fury ones I glued backwards and put the other one inside. Then I used a little disk I had cut from a limb and using scissors cut it to a quarter (slice of pie shape).
Added sticks for eyebrows (I hadn't cleaned off the extra glue yet when I took this picture...don't forget to do that). Acorn "caps" for the wings, moss for his head. Done! Hello Mr .Owl, you sure are cute! You don't have to spend a lot of money on these cute little nature critters in the stores....go make your own! Have fun, and stop by again!

No comments:

Post a Comment