Friday, December 7, 2012

It's Christmas Time!


It's Christmas time and I have been so busy...I'm sure you have been also! I have a few pics to share with you of my front door. I did a three tier wreath this year. I love it. I already had the other two wreaths, so I just wired them all together.
After I wired them together I wrapped ribbon around the wire, and ran a straight piece of ribbon down the back side of all three wreaths. I added real greenery to all three wreaths and pine cones. Adding real nature items to artificial greenery always "sophisticates it up". It's easier to add real greenery to artificial, rather than wire it all from scratch. I use to do it years ago, I just don't have the time now and this is easier. I'm all about easier!
Here's a closer look of the top wreath. I always use birds to decorate, so I had to put this cute little guy in. Real feathers, glitzy silk flower, pine cones and real greenery made this wreath complete. I used green this year on my outdoor decor. I preferred green velvet but only could find enough for my window wreaths and greenery swags. So I found some other ribbon that was in the same family of greens for the front door.

I put some grapevine and huge pine cones along with two different colored fresh greenery, in my artificial greenery. I love all the layers.



I had orange pansies in my pot for Fall , so I just rotated the pots around so you couldn't see them and added fresh greenery ,Christmas balls and pine cones to the front of my planters. Done!
I wanted to do something new this year, so I just changed my ribbon and revamped my front door wreath. Sometimes a little change, like ribbon color, can make everything seem new. I will be sharing a lot more of my home with you here at Christmas. Decorating ideas, DIY projects, recipes and another friend's home. So check back...Merry decorating, from My Home @ Carolina Place to your home.


No comments:

Post a Comment