Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Homemade Kale and Turkey Sausge Soup with Havarti Dill cheese Pumpernickel Toast!

Yuuuummmmy! Homemade soup made with turkey sausage, kale, potatoes, and green onions simmered in chicken broth! This soup was inspired by a friend's soup I had last week. I love MaryBeth's cooking and the soup she made was delicious! I always make homemade soup with the leftover chicken bones or turkey bones. What I mean is, after my family devours all the meat from a whole chicken or turkey, I boil the whole thing. I learned from my grandmother you can always get another meal out of what's left on the bones. In doing that, I get a great chicken broth! That's where you start, with this recipe.
Here's the other items, minus the butter I forgot to put it in the picture. Now I used milk because I didn't have cream, but that also means less calories. Again I didn't measure anything. I just know from my own taste about how much I want to add. I am sure that could be frustrating to those of you that like to know the very amount, so I apologize. But hang on, I'll estimate for you :) !
Potatoes, turkey sausage, kale and green onions. Cut and put into that delicious chicken broth you made prior. Bring all these things to a boil, and don't add your milk yet. Once the potatoes are soft then add your milk and 4tbsp. of butter. I used approximately 2 cups of milk to about 4-5 cups of broth. Add salt, pepper, ground mustard (just a tad). Let all these awesome flavors simmer and spend a little time with each other....I'd say about 10 minutes more. The Havarti Cheese with Dill is for the pumpernickel toast. A great addition, of layers of flavors, to this soup!
Mmmmmmmm.....sure smells good!
You'll love this soup! A great comfort meal during any cold day! A dip of the Havarti Cheese with Dill, pumpernickel toast into the soup will make you smile and fill your belly with warmth and satisfaction! Curl up on the couch and watch a movie. That's how we do it, at My Home @ Carolina Place, now you can @ your home! Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment